Pierre R. Roberge, PhD, P.Eng.
- Expert Witness
- Information Systems
- Price and Availability
Pierre R. Roberge obtained his PhD in Physical Chemistry in 1982 on the subject of Chlor Alkali Diaphragm Cells. He has since then worked as a research scientist for different industries on subjects related to the performance of materials in service or to the production of energy with electrochemical power sources (fuel cells, batteries …). The past fifteen years of his research and consulting activities have been focused on corrosion engineering work.
Professor Roberge's research activities have covered a wide spectrum of topics from the development of accelerated tests for the characterization of the corrosion resistance of metallic materials to the design and development of information systems.
- Life prediction and reliability analysis
- Failure mode characterization and corrosion modeling for materials performance
- Analyze causes and remedial actions for preventing future failures
- Corrosion monitoring, system design, implementation, and analysis
- Information and knowledge based systems
- Organize and conduct research
- Expert witness
Dr Roberge has worked as a research scientist, engineer, or advisor on different Canadian Defense projects and for various industries on subjects related to the performance of materials in service, corrosion engineering, and the production of energy with electrochemical power sources (fuel cells, batteries). Since the publication of his Handbook of Corrosion Engineering by McGraw-Hill in 2000 the focus of his consultancy and other extramural activities has been mostly on corrosion related issues.
- Alcan International, Kingston ON
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Houston TX
- American Water Works Association (AWWA), Denver, CO
- Black & Veatch, Gaithersburg, MD
- Detra Builders, St Clements ON
- EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd. Edmonton AB
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Nuclear Maintenance Application Center (NMAC), Charlotte NC
- EnviroTower, Toronto ON
- Fenclo Ltée, Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu QC
- Helmes & Co., Boston MA
- Laboratoire des technologies de l'énergie (LTE) - Hydro Quebec, Shawinigan QC
- Lauralco Inc., Deschambault QC
- Lonza Life Science Ingredients, Allendale NJ
- Luvata Buffalo, Inc., Buffalo NY
- Magna Powertrain, Mississauga ON
- McCormick Rankin Corporation, Kingston ON
- Musco Lighting, Oskaloosa IA
- NACE Foundation, Houston TX
- Nickel Institute (NI), Toronto ON
- Peacock Engineering, Montreal QC
- Sithe Global, Brampton ON
- Trojan Technologies Inc., London ON
- WR Davis Engineering Limited, Ottawa ON
- Zounds Inc., Mesa, AZ
- Chevron v. Amercoat
- Dolden Wallace Folick LLP
- North York v. Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- Norton v. Ultramar Ltd.
- Sun Pac Foods v. Domtar Ltd.
Price and Availability
For price and availability please contact
Dr. Pierre Roberge is the author or co-author of more than 100 scientific publications in journals and book chapters plus nearly 200 papers in Conference Proceedings. He is also the author of theHandbook of Corrosion Engineering, originally published by McGraw-Hill in 2000 (1100 pages), published in Chinese in 2005, and more recently reworked in the second edition published in 2012. In addition Dr. Roberge has written the last of NACE International Corrosion Testing Made Easy book called Erosion-Corrosion and produced the second edition of Corrosion Basics: An Introduction (NACE International, 2006) a landmark textbook corrosion science and engineering. This work has led to the production of the modern textbook called Corrosion Engineering: Principles and Practice published by McGraw-Hill in 2008.
- Selected books and book chapters
- Selected publications in Journals
- NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineers) International papers
- American Society for Metals (ASM)
- American Society for Testing of Materials (ASTM)
- International Standard Organization(ISO)
- NACE International (NACE)
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)