There is an incredible number of books that have been published on dreams,
dreaming, dream interpretation, lucid dreaming as well as a gigantic number of
articles published in the scientific literature. That is very understandable
since Dreams are surely the most mysterious part of our lives. The following
list of books is not exhaustive and not even the complete list that resides on
my bookshelves. This list consists of the books that I presently turned to when
trying to understand the nature and importance of my dreams. There are also some
reference books to prepare supplemts, for example, or understand plant
- Brown, David Jay (2016). Dreaming Wide Awake: Lucid Dreaming, Shamanic
Healing, and Psychedelics. Rochester VT: Park Street Press.
- Devereux, Paul & Charla (2011). Lucid Dreaming: Accessing your Inner
Virtual Realities. Brisbane Australia: Daily Grail Pulishing.
- Dunne, J. W. (1939). An Experiment with Time.
- Freud, Sigmund (1994). The interpretation of dreams. New York: Modern
- Godwin, Malcolm (1994). The Lucid Dreamer: A
Waking Guide for the Traveler etwwen Worlds. Shaftesbury UK: Labyrinth
- Green, James (2002). The Herbal Medicine-Maker's
Handbook: A Home Manual. Berkeley CA: Crossing Press.
- Holecek, Andrew (2016). Dream Yoga: Illuminating Your Life Through
Lucid Dreaming and the Tibetan Yogas of Sleep. Louisville: Sounds True.
- Kandel, E. R. (2006). In Search of Memory: The emergence of a new
science of mind. New York NY: W.W. Norton.
- Krippner, Stanley, F. Bogzaran and AD de
Carvalho (2002). Extraordinary Dreams and How o Work with Them.New York NY:
- LaBerge, Stephen (1985). Lucid Dreaming. Los Angeles
CA: J.P. Tarcher.
- LaBerge, Stephen and Rheingold, Howard (1991).
Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. New York NY: Ballantine Books.
- Mavromatis, Andreas (2010). Hypnagogia: The Unique State of
Consciousness Between Wakefulness and Sleep. London: Thyrsos Press.
- Morley, Charlie (2013). Dreams of Awakening:
Lucid Dreaming and Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep. Padstow UK: Hay House.
- Morley, Charlie (2015).
Lucid Dreaming: A Beginner's Guide to Becoming Conscious in your Dreams. Padstow UK: Hay House.
- Norbu, Chögyal Namkhai (1992). Dream Yoga and the Practice Of Natural
Light. Ithaca, NY: Snow Lion Publications.
- Rätsch, Christian (2005). The Encyclopedia of
Psychoactive Plants: Ethnopharmacology and its Applications. Rochester, VT:
Park Street Press.
- Ross, Robert (2012). Dreaming the Soul back Home: Shamanic Dreaming for
Healing and Becoming Whole. Novato CA: New Worl Libray.
- Ryback, David (1989). Dreams That Come True: Their Psychic and
Transforming Powers. New York NY: Doubleday.
- Swami Satyananda Saraswati (2009). Yoga
Nidra. Bihar India:Yoga Publicatons Trust/
- Targ, Russell (2004). Limitless Mind - a guide to
remote viewing and transformation of conciousness. Novato CA: New World
- Wangyal, Tenzin (1998) The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep, Snow Lion
- Warren, Jeff (2007). The Head Trip: Adventures on the Wheel of
Consciousness. Toronto: Random House Canada.
- Wilhelm, Richard and Baynes, Cary F. (1967). The I Ching or Book of
Changes. Princeton NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Yuschak, Thomas (2006). Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of
Supplements. Milton Keynes: Lulu Enterprises.
See also: Bibliography,
Booze and dreams,
Dream glossary, Dream recall,
Dreams as a source of inspiration,
Food and dreams,
Herbs for dreaming, Hypnagogic
agents, Precognitive dreams,
Recurring dreams, Shamanic
dreaming, Sleeping brain, Sleep deprivation,
Weed and dreams, WILD,